Natural food brands learn a lot from CEO’s, founders, & industry thought leaders. Proven actionable insights from Gary Hirshberg, Seth Goldman, Miyoko Schinner, Kyle Garner, Sheryl O’Loughlin, Chuck Muth, etc to accelerate brand growth in 2020 & beyond.
Welcome. Today’s podcast episode is really special, but before I dig in, I want to thank you for listening. I want to thank you for sharing this podcast with all your friends as well as the other brands in our industry that need this kind of information, this kind of advice, this kind of brand building support. This is exactly why I started this podcast. In fact, just last week someone was asking me why I decided to do this. Well, the timing was perfect. So as we round out this decade and as we began to start a new year, I thought it’d be great to take a quick look back and appreciate some of the wisdom and the advice that some of the leading CEOs, founders, and industry thought leaders have shared on this podcast.
The stories to help you scale and grow your natural brand. I believe that if you want to know where you’re going, it’s helpful to take a look back to see where you’ve already been. To be able to appreciate all the things that you’ve learned and then be able to build those or bake those ideas into your brand’s DNA. To help you scale and grow your natural brand faster. After all, this is what this show is about.
So back to the question, why did I start this podcast in the first place? Well, I’ve had the privilege of attending and participating in many of the natural products business schools, industry seminars, product incubators from big brands. And in addition to that, I’m on the Champions Council for FMI Emerge as well as being a mentor. And I’m on the selection committee for different groups, including Nutrition Capital Network. My point is this, I get to see firsthand what a lot of brands are learning, the information that you’re getting to grow your brand. And I’ll have to be honest, I saw a huge gap that needed to be filled, thus this podcast. Let me explain. We do a phenomenal job of teaching brands how to raise money and then how to raise more money, and then how to raise more money after that.
Well, I have a belief. And that is that a CEO should not have to be a perpetual fundraiser. So what I wanted to do is to teach you how to get more out of your available runway. In other words, once you get that money, once you get that investment, how do you use it more effectively? How can you use those monies to drive sustainable sales and scale your brand? Also, how can I help you, your brand become a more valuable asset to the investors? In other words, if you’re more valuable to them, then you can negotiate for better terms so you don’t need to settle for scraps. And the best way to do this is to invite some of the industry thought leaders, leading CEOs and founders on this podcast to share their advice with you. Put a different way, instead of spending the time, the money, the air travel, and everything else to attend one of the industry events, I’m sharing those insights with you.
Podcast episodes referenced on this show, Secrets:
- 100 Insider secrets with Gary Hirshberg, Seth Goldman, Miyoko Schinner, Kyle Garner, Sheryl O’Loughlin, and Chuck Muth
- 032 Sage Wisdom with Phil Lempert The Supermarket Guru
- 137 The Future Of Retail With Walter Robb of Stonewall Robb and Whole Foods Market
- 105 Brands need to have a clear and compelling message that resonates with shoppers
- 052 Selling from a master storyteller with Jon Sebastiani of Sonoma Brands /Krave /Smash Mallow
- 129 Knowing Your Core Customer Is Critical To Your Success At Retail With Ethan Hirshberg From Ethan’s
- 136 The Retail Game – What You Need To Know With Bob Burke of Natural Products Consulting
- 008 Brand building strategies that work by putting the shopper first with guest Joel Warady of Enjoy Life Foods
- 139 Explosive Growth – The Result Of A Solid Brand Position With Suzie Yorke of Love Good Fats
- 115 Success = Brand Strategy + Execution With Michael J. O’Donnell From The Belmullet Food and Beverage Group
- 142 Sales Success Begins With A Solid Business Plan With Michael J. O’Donnell From The Belmullet Food and Beverage Group
- 045 The importance of a solid business strategy with TJ McIntyre of Bobo’s Oat Bars
- 038 Mission based brand success stories with guest Seth Goldman at Honest Tea and Beyond Meat
- 035 Sales extend beyond retailer’s shelves with Chuck Muth with Beyond Meat
- 036 The importance of a compelling selling story to get your brand on store shelves with guest John Foraker with Once Upon A Farm
- 058 Start with a Mission in mind – what big brands can learn from disruptive natural brands with Kyle Garner of Organic India / Climate Collaborative
- 059 Proof that advanced strategies and fact-based selling stories add rocket fuel to your growth with Steve Hughes of Sunrise Strategic Partners / Boulder Brands
- 088 Proof that becoming a category leader opens doors and grows sales with Russ Forester of Hain Celestial
- 054 What retailers really want — insider to getting on shelf with Mathis Martines of Enlightened / Formerly Kroger
- 122 What Retailers REALLY Want – Brand Building Success Strategies with Mathis Martines of M2 Brands, Formally Kroger
- 126 A Well Defined Business Strategy Will Add Rocket Fuel To Your Growth With Dustin Finkel Of KAPOP
- 123 Essential In-Store Marketing Strategies That Put Customers First And Grow Sales with Andrew Therrien of Big Orange Productions
- 023 Salesmanship 401 – In depth sales strategies every brand must use with guest Andrew Therrien with Big Orange Productions
- 042 Gary Hirshberg of Stonyfield shares his passion for natural organic brands and how we need to inspire and educate shoppers – why this matters
- 011 Sales growth strategies that focus on shopper satisfaction with guest Tim Joseph from Maple Hill Creamery
- 050 Killing It – Life lessons of humility, love and inspiration with Sheryl O’Loughlin of REBBL and Clif Bar
- 091 Disrupting the category by looking to the future for innovation with Justin Gold of Justin’s
- 094 Reinventing favorite foods with Miyoko Schinner of Miyoko’s Kitchen
- 089 The importance of having a sold digital brand selling strategy with Madeline Haydon of Nutpods
- 104 The Essential New Item Checklist – The Recipe For Success with with Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 106 A Blueprint To Ensure Category Growth with Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 107 To sell more and grow beyond other brands in your category, you need to use strategies they overlook with Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 108 Maximize Promotion Effectiveness To Grow Sales with Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 110 Know Your Numbers – The Blueprint For Success with Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 112 Help Shoppers Find Your Products With The Right Assortment with Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 114 Innovative Proven Strategies To Exponentially Multiply Sales With Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 117 Simple Solutions To Maximize Broker Effectiveness And Accelerate Sales Growth With Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 121 Make It Easy For Shoppers To Find Your Products With Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 118 Focus On Shopper’s Market Basket Size To Exponentially Increase Sales With Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
- 134 Category Review Strategies To Grow Sales And Profits With Daniel Lohman of Brand Secrets and Strategies
Download the show notes below
The Essential New Item Checklist – The Recipe For Success
Empowering Brands | Raising The Bar
Ever wish you just had a roadmap? Well now you do!
Don’t miss out on all of these FREE RESOURCES (strategic downloadable guides, podcast episodes, list of questions you need to be asking and know the answers to, weekly newsletter, articles and tips of the week. You will also receive access to quick and easy online courses that teach you how to get your brand on the shelf, expand distribution, understand what retailers REALLY want and address your most pressing challenges and questions.
All tools that you can use, AT NO CHARGE TO YOU, to save you valuable time and money and grow your sales today!
Image is the property of CMS4CPG LLC, distribution or reproduction is expressively prohibited.